Life has a strange way of making us believe that we are always one problem away from finally being happy.
I know that feeling.
A few months ago, I was not doing very well.
I was worried about my job. I was worried about money. I had gained weight and had started feeling uncomfortable in my own body. And the worst part was not even the weight itself.
It was the way people looked at me.
The comments.
The jokes.
The unwanted advice.
“Thoda weight kam kar lo.”
“Job ka kya hua?”
“Ab toh kuch kar lo life mein.”
Sometimes people say these things casually and go home.
But you carry them.
You carry them into your bedroom.
Into the mirror.
Into your thoughts.
And slowly, I started looking at myself through other people's eyes.
I stopped seeing myself as a person who was simply going through a difficult phase.
I started seeing myself as a problem.
Too fat.
Not successful enough.
Not earning enough.
Not attractive enough.
Not settled enough.
And I wanted to fix everything.
Immediately.
I thought, Maybe I'll finally be happy when I lose weight.
Then I thought, No, maybe when I get a good job.
Then, Maybe when I have enough money.
Maybe when people stop judging me.
Maybe when I become more confident.
Maybe when my life finally looks like the life I imagined.
There was always another “maybe.”
And that's when I realised something.
I wasn't actually living.
I was waiting.
Waiting for my life to become good enough before I allowed myself to enjoy it.
And honestly?
That is exhausting.
One day, after thinking about all of this for hours, I just sat there and thought:
“You know what? Fuck it.”
Not in the “I give up” way.
More like,
“I'm tired of fighting myself every single day.”
So I decided to stop for a moment.
I made myself some tea.
Put on music.
Went outside.
And for that little while, I didn't think about my weight.
I didn't think about my career.
I didn't think about what someone had said about me.
I didn't try to solve my future.
I just existed.
And something strange happened.
I felt okay.
Not amazing.
Not magically healed.
Just... okay.
And sometimes, after months of feeling terrible, okay is a beautiful place to start.
This reminded me of something I had heard in one of Marina's songs—the idea that sometimes you can simply sit back and let your problems exist for a moment.
You don't always have to solve everything immediately.
And that idea stayed with me.
Because think about it.
We spend so much of our lives trying to escape our problems.
We want the perfect body.
The perfect career.
The perfect relationship.
More money.
More confidence.
More followers.
More approval.
And until we have all of it, we tell ourselves:
“I'll enjoy my life later.”
But what if later never looks exactly the way you imagined?
What if there is always another problem waiting?
You lose weight, and then you worry about money.
You get the job, and then you worry about your career.
You find love, and then you worry about losing it.
You earn more, and suddenly you want more.
There is always something.
So if happiness depends on having no problems...
we are all in trouble.
This doesn't mean we should ignore our problems.
Please don't misunderstand me.
If you're unhappy with your career, work on it.
If you want to become healthier, take care of yourself.
If you're struggling financially, make a plan.
If you're hurting emotionally, talk to someone.
Get help when you need it.
But don't hate yourself while you are trying to improve yourself.
That's the difference.
You can want to lose weight without hating your body today.
You can want a job without calling yourself useless.
You can want a relationship without believing you're incomplete because you're single.
You can want a better life without believing your current life has no value.
Your problem is real.
But your problem is not your entire identity.
You are more than your weight.
More than your salary.
More than your relationship status.
More than your failures.
More than that one rejection.
More than what people say about you.
And maybe we need to stop asking,
“What's wrong with me?”
and start asking,
“What am I going through?”
There is a huge difference.
The first question makes you judge yourself.
The second helps you understand yourself.
I still have problems.
I still have things I want to change.
I still have days when I look at my life and think,
“What the hell am I doing?”
But now I try to remind myself:
I don't have to solve my entire life today.
Sometimes I can just have my tea.
Listen to my favourite song.
Go for a walk.
Laugh with someone.
Watch the sky.
Eat something I enjoy.
Sleep.
And start again tomorrow.
Because your life doesn't stop just because something is going wrong.
You can have a bad day and still have a beautiful evening.
You can be lost and still laugh.
You can be struggling and still fall in love with life for five minutes.
You can be healing and still have fun.
Maybe that's what we forget.
We become so obsessed with becoming a better version of ourselves that we forget to be kind to the version that is surviving right now.
So, if your life feels messy today, sit with it.
Look at your problems.
Don't run from them.
Don't let them control you either.
Just say,
“Okay. You're here. I'll deal with you. But you're not taking my whole day.”
And then go live.
Because your problems can wait for tomorrow.
Your life cannot.
Maybe you don't need to solve everything tonight.
Maybe tonight, you just need to breathe.
And maybe, for once...
sit back and enjoy your problems.
Because sometimes the most peaceful thing you can do is realise:
Life doesn't have to be perfect for you to enjoy it.
Comments
Post a Comment